The ACR123U is the USB version of the ACR123S, a cost-effective, flexible and intelligent contactless reader. It can be integrated to existing (Point-of-Sale) terminals or cash registers, to offer the convenience of a cashless payment system. The ACR123U speeds up movement in checkout counters, by enabling customers to complete payments by simply tapping their cards.
The ACR123U is equipped with a large graphical LCD that allows merchants to display messages, as well as a large tapping area with backlight which guides customers in carrying out their payment transactions. Developed based on 13.56 MHz contactless (RFID) technology, it supports any contactless card following the ISO 14443-4 standard. It is also equipped with a large graphical LCD, as well as a large user-controllable tapping area with backlight.
The ACR123U is compliant and certified with major payment and safety standards such as MasterCard®, Visa, AMEX, EMV Level 1 and EMV Level 2. It is also compatible with EMV-based contactless payment applications such as MasterCard® PayPass™, Visa payWave®, and AMEX ExpressPay®.
- USB interface for Data Communication and power supply
- ARM 32-bit CortexTM-M3 Processor
- Smart Card Reader:
- Read/Write speed of up to 848 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless card access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Support for ISO 14443 Part 4 Type A and B cards and Mifare series
- Built-in anti-collision feature
- Three ISO 7816 compliant SAM slots
- Payment Applications:
- MasterCard® PayPass™ Mag Stripe and M/Chip
- Visa payWave® MSD and qVSDC
- American Express® ExpressPay 3.0
- Built-in Peripherals:
- 16 alphanumeric characters x 8 lines Graphical LCD (128 x 64 pixels)
- Four user-controllable LEDs (Blue, Yellow, Green, and Red)
- User-controllable tapping region backlight (Red, Green and Blue)
- User-controllable speaker (Audio tone indication)