The ACR1251U-A1 is the second-generation NFC Reader from ACS, which offers advanced features such as firmware upgradeability, a SAM (Secure Access Module) slot, and support for NFC tags and devices. It is ideal for contactless applications with added security functions. Through the SAM, key diversification and mutual authentication are made possible, restricting the exposure of keys and limiting the possibility of keys being stolen, providing a high level of security in contactless operations.
ACR1251U-A1 is suitable for any contactless smart card application such as personal identity verification, network login, online banking, and micropayment. With enhanced NFC features, ACR1251U-A1 is also ideal for non-conventional NFC applications like Smart Posters for advertising and marketing, and communication with most-NFC enabled mobile phones.
Furthermore, ACR1251U-A1 is PC/SC-compliant, allowing interoperability across different applications and platforms. ACR1251U-A1 also supports remote post-deployment firmware update, which eliminates the need for additional hardware modification. With its compact size, trendy design and rich features, ACR1251U-A1 enables you to fully enjoy the convenience of using NFC applications.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Interface
- CCID Compliance
- USB Firmware Upgradability
- Smart Card Reader:
- Read/Write speed of up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B cards, Mifare, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Supports Mifare 7-byte UID, Mifare Plus and Mifare DESFire
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only one tag is accessed at any time)
- One ISO 7816 compliant SAM slot
- Application Programming Interface
- Supports PC/SC
- Supports CT-API (through wrapper on top of PC/SC)
- Built-in Peripherals:
- User-controllable bi-color LED
- User-controllable buzzer
- SAM Slot